These are the packages and programs that are offered during the Semester. Please read through the sections below that pertain to the program/s you purchased.
Jump to topic:
Dates to Remember
|Spring Max Plan||January 6 – May 15, 2020|
|Spring Scrimmaging||January 6 – May 15, 2020|
|Spring Private Lessons||January 6 – May 15, 2020|
|Spring Performance Training||February 3, – May 15, 2020 (3-month duration only)|
|Winter Immersion||November 1, 2019 – March 1, 2020|
The Baseline Assessment is the initial entry requirement to Avila Soccer. It is mandatory for all new players, and for players who have skipped a semester. The cost is $10 and is billed separately from any package that may be purchased. The assessment can be added on to any package at the time of purchase, but it must be scheduled and purchased before beginning any training package. The purpose of the Baseline Assessment is to assign an armband to the player.
Color-coded armbands at Avila are used to:
- recognize or reward achievement
- help the trainers instantly group players with similarly experienced players
- inspire players to improve through a pathway
- create scrimmage groups based on level
- recruit for scrimmages when scrimmage players indicate they will be absent
Players returning after a semester's absence
Players returning after a semester's absence
Mandatory Dress Code
- Players must wear their white Avila shirt at all times. Other Avila shirts purchased before are also acceptable to wear.
- Players must wear an Avila wristband designating their level. Players will be assigned a wristband on the player's first day based on their existing level or result of the Baseline Assessment. Wristbands must be worn every time players come to Avila or they will not be allowed to train. If players forget their wristbands, a new one will be assigned at the cost of $2 (a text confirmation will be sent).
- Goalies are excluded from this dress code but must wear the Avila wristband that corresponds with their level.
- Use soccer shorts or athletic shorts, any color is fine.
- Shin guards must be worn under soccer socks. Shin guards are required during scrimmage classes but may be removed during skills sessions.
- Turf shoes are preferred but if you don't have any, cleats and tennis shoes are fine. Shooting Mechanics class is done barefoot, cleats should be removed before class.
Scrimmage Classes Information
Scrimmaging requires a predictable number of players to show up to each session; and as circumstances arise, you may forget to inform us of your absence. As a result, we sometimes don’t have a properly balanced scrimmage to render.
To ensure that Avila trainers are properly prepared for optimal parameters of scrimmage training, we ask that you please let us know if you will be missing a session using the Report a Cancellation Form. Please note using the links below is the only valid method of canceling your classes. Texts and phone calls are not helpful. Same day notifications will be accepted, but only up to 1 hour prior to session. There will be a $25 fine for not informing Avila staff of absences.
If you are unable to make a scrimmage session, please fill out the form through the link below. Please note, scrimmages have a “use it or lose it policy.” (Single-day Cancellation: use if cancelling a single scrimmage session; Long-term Cancellation:use if cancellation is long-term/indefinite due to injury, conflict etc.)
While we don’t guarantee any make-ups, if you’re interested in getting one, follow the instructions through the link below
Scrimmage Videos to learn
The Art of Soccer: Passing Lanes Soccer and the Art of Moving without the Soccer Ball
Private Lessons Information
Private Lesson Cancellation Policy
We understand that people need to cancel. No worries, just let us know. If you are unable to make Private Lesson sessions, please let us know by filling out the form through the link below. Please note that we have a “use it or lose it policy.”
$25 fine for not informing Avila staff of absences
Please note using the link below is the only valid method of canceling your classes. Texts and phone calls are not helpful. Same day notifications will be accepted.
Report a Private Lesson Cancellation
Private Lesson Make-up Policy
If Private Lessons are missed, they can be made up in the form of scrimmaging. It is possible to ask for a make-up IF 1) player filled out the appropriate cancellation form and 2) there are available scrimmaging spots. Make-ups will not be guaranteed.
As noted above with our “use it or lose it policy,” we do not guarantee make-ups. That said, we will try to accommodate you if we become aware of suitable availability and only within a 10-day period of the missed class. However, Private Lesson make-ups will be in the form of scrimmaging only, if available.
There is only one valid way to request the possibility of a make-up which is to fill out the following Make-up form below.
Skills Classes Information
Players who have purchased the Max Plan, Train & Apply and One Year Packages can attend up to 1.5 hours of Skills classes each day:
1 Age-appropriate Small Group Class (General Skills)
- 4:15 PM – Ages 4-7
1 Specialty Skills Class (Essential Skills)
- 5:00 PM – 5:30 PM Ages 4-7, Ages 8-11
- 5:30 PM – 5:45 PM Ages 4-7, Ages 8-11, Ages 12-16
- 5:45 PM – 6:00 PM Ages 8-11, Ages 12-16
- 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM Ages 8-11, Ages 12-16
- 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM Ages 8-11, Ages 12-16
There is no need to sign up or reserve classes, players can show up to classes but need to make sure they check-in at the computers in the lobby prior to their class.
*Shooting Against Live Goalies Class
Players who want to shoot against goalies must be 8 years or older. No need to sign up for this class, but like the classes above, please make sure to check-in prior to the class.
Goalies must be at least 10 years old and not a beginner. Goalies who wish to participate must sign up using the following links:
Anderson Mill Lakeway Round Rock
#Little Dribblers Class
This program is designed for younger players, between the ages of 2 and 4. Depending on the package you purchased, your child may attend classes for 1 month or the entire Fall semester. (1 Month Package – 8 sessions; 1 Semester – unlimited sessions through December 21st).
- Little Dribblers Classes: September 4 – December 20, 2018
- Lakeway Schedule: Mondays, Thursdays // 10:00 AM (2-3 year olds); 11:00 AM (3½-4 year olds)
- Anderson Mill Schedule: Tuesdays, Wednesdays // 10:00 AM (2-3 year olds); 11:00 AM (3½-4 year olds)
This class is subject to availability, please contact Eryck at 512.924.5715 to check.