MUST KNOW FOR SUMMER
May 30–Aug 11
May 30–Aug 4
May 30–Aug 3
Create an Avila Soccer App Account
With the Avila App, parents will be able to have their children’s schedule all in one place, be able to sign-up for skills classes, cancel classes, and check-in to classes.
For instructions on how to set-up an account, reserving and cancelling classes, and checking in, click on the following links.
Reserving Skills Classes
Players can attend up to 1.5 hours or 3 Specialty Skills Classes each day. A Speed & Agility Class can also be scheduled if purchased together with Summer Camp (Speed & Agility is also free with the Summer Train & Apply program). You’ll be able to choose the exact classes you want–location, dates, time, and type of class.
- Summer Camp starts Tuesday, May 30th
- Reserving classes is done through the Avila App
- No crashing of classes, only attend the classes that you reserved for. Players may not be permitted to train if classes aren’t reserved.
- Last minute sign-ups can be made an hour before class starts if spots are still available.
- If you plan to skip a class, please make sure to cancel before the session starts, failure to cancel will result in a $10 fine.
Mandatory Dress Code
- Players must wear an Avila Classic Shirt at all times. Limited edition Avila shirts are also acceptable to wear.
- Players are expected to have their own Avila Classic Shirt within 10 days of start of training.
- Players who show up without an Avila shirt will be asked to wear a pinnie, which will be returned at the end of the session.
- Players must wear an Avila wristband designating their level. Players will be assigned a wristband on the player's first day based on their existing level or result of the Baseline Assessment. If players forget their wristbands, a new one will be assigned at the cost of $2 (a text confirmation will be sent).
- Goalies are excluded from this dress code but must wear the Avila wristband that corresponds with their level.
- Use soccer shorts or athletic shorts, any color is fine.
- Shin guards are required during scrimmage classes but may be removed during skills sessions.
- Turf shoes are preferred. Cleats and tennis shoes are acceptable. Shooting Mechanics class is done barefoot, cleats should be removed before class.
Did you know?
Anyone who trains at the Anderson Mill facility can train at our nearby Round Rock facility during Summer Camp. It’s only eight minutes away and all classes are scheduled exactly the same way.
Tips for Players
- Bring balls but don’t forget to bring them home when you leave
- Bring a bag with water and a dry shirt–you will work up a sweat and should stay hydrated and dry.
- Show up with the attitude that you want to get better, not necessarily the attitude that you want to win.
- Be process oriented, not results oriented
- Remember to compliment the other campers who are trying to reproduce the skills we are teaching as best they can. As their approximations get better, and you take notice, do not hesitate to encourage them and tell them good job. Because that means a lot coming from you.
- Don’t mistake activity for achievement! Slow down and understand the nuts and bolts of the move first before speeding up.
- Don’t worry if you cannot get a move right away. Sometimes the class is simply designed to introduce the move and its elements and over the summer’s expanse – you begin to master it.
- Thank your family and friends who bought this camp for you. You are involved in some of the finest training that Texas has to offer, or anywhere in the states for that matter.
Volunteer this Summer
Become a volunteer trainer at Avila Creative Soccer. Being a summer volunteer is a blast! In addition to helping players learn proper soccer techniques, volunteers gain leadership skills, job experience, and soccer training.
Yes, the Avila App is essential to be able to schedule skills classes, cancel classes and check-in to classes. It will also be used for performance tracking.
It means that each player can attend as many or as little days they can come to. Whether it's 5 days or everyday, the cost will be the same. Each player is allowed up to 1.5 hours of skills classes each day according to their age group (ages 4-7, ages 8-11, 12-16).
Summer Camp dates are June 1 - August 13, 2021. Summer Scrimmaging dates are June 1 - August 6, 2021. Summer Speed & Agility dates are June 1 - August 5, 2021.
Please note that the facilities will be closed on Memorial Day, May 30th and Independence Day (observed), July 5th.
No, players can not double up in one day.
Each specialty skills session is 30 minutes long allowing 1.5 hours of training per day.
A soccer ball. Please write your name on your ball. We have a water fountain but the lines tend to build up between sessions, so bring a water bottle if you don’t want to wait in line.