MUST KNOW FOR SUMMER
The Baseline Assessment is the initial entry requirement to Avila Soccer. It is mandatory for all new players, and for players who have skipped a semester. The cost is $10 and is billed separately from any package that may be purchased. There will be no baseline Assessments from May 17-31 (Pre-summer Break). Please schedule from June 2nd onwards.
Summer Campers can attend up to 1.5 hours of classes each day–3 Specialty Skills Classes. A Speed & Agility Class can also be scheduled if purchased together with Summer Camp (Speed & Agility is free with the Summer Train & Apply program). The purpose of RSVP is not to compete for a spot but simply to let us know when you’re coming. You’ll be able to choose the exact classes you want–location, dates, time, and type of class.
- Summer Camp starts Tuesday, June 1st
- No crashing of classes, only attend the classes that you reserved for. You won’t be allowed to train if you do not rsvp for a class.
- Last minute sign-ups can be made an hour before class starts.
- If you plan to skip a class, please make sure to cancel, even if it is at the last minute, failure to cancel will result in a $10 fine.
Mandatory Dress Code
- Players must wear their white Avila shirt at all times. Other Avila shirts purchased before are also acceptable to wear.
- Players must wear an Avila wristband designating their level. Players will be assigned a wristband on the player's first day based on their existing level or result of the Baseline Assessment. Wristbands must be worn every time players come to Avila or they will not be allowed to train. If players forget their wristbands, a new one will be assigned at the cost of $2 (a text confirmation will be sent).
- Goalies are excluded from this dress code but must wear the Avila wristband that corresponds with their level.
- Use soccer shorts or athletic shorts, any color is fine.
- Shin guards must be worn under soccer socks. Shin guards are required during scrimmage classes but may be removed during skills sessions.
- Turf shoes are preferred but if you don't have any, cleats and tennis shoes are fine. Shooting Mechanics class is done barefoot, cleats should be removed before class.
Did you know?
Anyone who trains at the Anderson Mill facility can train at our nearby Round Rock facility during Summer Camp. It’s only eight minutes away and all classes are scheduled exactly the same way.
Tips for Players
- Bring balls but don’t forget to bring them home when you leave
- Bring a bag with water and a dry shirt–you will work up a sweat and should stay hydrated and dry.
- Show up with the attitude that you want to get better, not necessarily the attitude that you want to win.
- Be process oriented, not results oriented
- Remember to compliment the other campers who are trying to reproduce the skills we are teaching as best they can. As their approximations get better, and you take notice, do not hesitate to encourage them and tell them good job. Because that means a lot coming from you.
- Don’t mistake activity for achievement! Slow down and understand the nuts and bolts of the move first before speeding up.
- Don’t worry if you cannot get a move right away. Sometimes the class is simply designed to introduce the move and its elements and over the summer’s expanse – you begin to master it.
- Thank your family and friends who bought this camp for you. You are involved in some of the finest training that Texas has to offer, or anywhere in the states for that matter.
Volunteer this Summer
Become a volunteer trainer at Avila Creative Soccer. Being a summer volunteer is a blast! In addition to helping players learn proper soccer techniques, volunteers gain leadership skills, job experience, and soccer training.
It means that each player can attend as many or as little days they can come to. Whether it's 5 days or everyday, the cost will be the same. Each player is allowed up to 1.5 hours of skills classes each day according to their age group (ages 4-7, ages 8-11, 12-16).
Summer Camp dates are June 1 - August 13, 2021. Summer Scrimmaging dates are June 1 - August 6, 2021. Summer Speed & Agility dates are June 1 - August 5, 2021.
Please note that the facilities will be closed on Memorial Day, May 30th and Independence Day (observed), July 5th.
No, players can not double up in one day.
Yes. Please make sure to fill out the RSVP for to tell us the times you'd like to come in.
Each specialty skills session is 30 minutes long allowing 1.5 hours of training per day.
Yes, all new players, players that have never been assessed, or players returning from a semester's absence must schedule and purchase the mandatory $10 Baseline Assessment fee before beginning training at Avila (not mandatory for continuing players). Assessments can scheduled from June 1st onwards.
A soccer ball. Please write your name on your ball. We have a water fountain but the lines tend to build up between sessions, so bring a water bottle if you don’t want to wait in line.