Mandatory Dress Code
All players training at Avila are required to adhere to the mandatory dress code. All players include; any player who participates in any class or package, including those in adult coed groups, private lesson players and also not limited to players on teams that train at Avila as a team.
- Players must wear their white Avila shirt at all times. Avila shirts purchased before (Golden Ticket, Prep League Monster shirts, etc) are also acceptable to wear.
- Players must wear an Avila Armband designating their level. All players must sign them out at the beginning of the session and signed back in at the end of the session. Read about our Subjective Evaluation.
- Goalies are excluded from this dress code but must wear the Avila armband that corresponds with their level.
- Use soccer shorts or athletic shorts, any color is fine.
- Shin guards must be worn under soccer socks. Shin guards are required during Scrimmage Class or Golden Ticket but may be removed during skills sessions.
- Turf shoes are preferred but if you don't have any, cleats and tennis shoes are fine. Shooting Mechanics class is done barefoot, cleats should be removed before class.
- Make sure shoe laces are properly tied before each session.
Coach Eryck Avila and his trainers are the first line of enforcement. They will look for dress code policy violations at the beginning of the each session. Please keep in mind that the Dress Code is closely tied to our Skill Recognition Program.
Course of Action
Players not adhering to the dress code policy will be subject to the following course of actions:
- Players who are not in their Avila shirts won't be allowed to enter the field. White pinnie Avila vests will be provided to wear if players are not in their Avila shirts.
- Shin guards are required during scrimmages/Golden Ticket Classes. For player’s safety, trainers may exclude players from scrimmages if they are not wearing any shin guards.
Note about the Red Avila Armband (Neutral)
The red arm band is a conditional level or Neutral and can be used in the following situations:
- Players who have been one color armband that belong in a higher group, but have not tested out
- Players who don't want to share their arm band color publicly
- Players who are there as a trial
- Players who paid and started lessons in an advanced group without ever being assessed but based on what we estimated or the parent estimated. They can be in the group but doesn't excuse them from testing out.
We will grandfather into the right color those players who have been with us already but all new players must test out within 6 weeks of their start date.
Coming for a free trial?
- Players who are coming for a free trial must wear a white shirt (however, white pinnie vests are also available)
- Players are required to wear a Red Avila armband on your sleeve which can be borrowed from Avila.