Scrimmage Videos to learn
Fall Scrimmage sessions start the week of September 5th
|Monday Scrimmages||Tuesday Scrimmages||Wednesday Scrimmages||Thursday Scrimmages||Friday Scrimmages|
|Start Date||Sept 11||Sept 5||Sept 6||Sept 7||Sept 8|
Scrimmage Class Cancellations & Policy
We understand that people need to cancel. No worries, just let us know. If you are unable to make your Scrimmage sessions, please let us know by filling out the form through the link below.
If you are unable to make sessions that are more than two days away, please fill out the Future Cancellation form. Otherwise, use the Same/Next Day Cancellation form. Scrimmages and Private Lessons have a "use it or lose it policy."
$25 fine for not informing Avila staff of absences
Please note using the links below is the only valid method of canceling your classes. Texts and phone calls are not helpful. Same day notifications will be accepted.
If Scrimmages and Private Lessons are missed, it is possible to ask for a make-up IF 1) player filled out the appropriate cancellation form and 2) there are available scrimmaging spots. Make-ups will not be guaranteed.
As noted above with our "use it or lose it policy," we do not guarantee make-ups. That said, we will try to accommodate you if we become aware of suitable availability and only within a 10-day period of the missed class. However, Private Lesson make-ups will be in the form of scrimmaging only, if available.
There is only one valid way to request the possibility of a make-up which is to fill out the following Make-up form below.
While we guarantee no scrimmagers any make-ups, if you’re interested in getting one, fill out this form and we will see what we can do to get you a scrimmage make-up
Mandatory Dress Code
All players training at Avila are required to adhere to the mandatory dress code. All players include; any player who participates in any class or package, including those in adult coed groups, private lesson players and also not limited to players on teams that train at Avila as a team.
- Players must wear their white Avila shirt at all times. Other Avila shirts purchased before are also acceptable to wear.
- Players must wear an Avila Armband designating their level. Armbands are located in the bins adjacent to the fields, use an armband and return them after your session. Read about our Subjective Evaluation.
- Goalies are excluded from this dress code but must wear the Avila armband that corresponds with their level.
- Use soccer shorts or athletic shorts, any color is fine.
- Shin guards must be worn under soccer socks. Shin guards are required during scrimmage classes but may be removed during skills sessions.
- Turf shoes are preferred but if you don't have any, cleats and tennis shoes are fine. Shooting Mechanics class is done barefoot, cleats should be removed before class.
Avila Shirts available
Avila shirts are available in 2 types of fabric–mositure wicking ($20) and cotton ($5). Pick one up at any facility today!